BATH & BEAUTY
AMAZON MARKETPLACE AUDIT
Washing Away the Amazon Assumptions
Bathintentions approached us after their eCommerce store began to flourish alongside a potential in-store retail opportunity. Dinah’s team knew how powerful a platform like Amazon was, but didn’t understand the nuances of the marketplace to determine whether their product line was not only a good fit but could thrive in such a unique landscape, such as Amazon.
Amazon Marketplace Analysis
Through our exploration, we were able to construct a financial forecast, SWOT analysis, and risk assessment to better assist the Bathintentions team in making their decision of entering the Amazon marketplace.
Using Amazon Customer Purchasing analytics, our team was able to analyze thousands of data points inside of Amazon to help create a comprehensive Amazon blueprint for Bathintentions.
- Customers were searching relevant keywords over 100,000 times per month
- The average revenue of the top 60 brands on Amazon.com was over $55,000 per month and $26,000 on Amazon.ca
- The average selling price of the top 60 brands on Amazon.com was $20.24
- Seasonal sales showcased over 4x growth from October to January, aligning strategy for Christmas growth.
- Amazon FBA Fees averaged $5.65 per order, allowing Bathintentions to forecast profitability per unit